Monday, July 28, 2014

Two views of the same parking lot

This photo was composed at random and without that intention. Maybe the camera didn't rewind that well and juxtaposed two different photos instead of making four versions of the same scene.

The place is the parking lot in front of Target, TJ Maxx, and Martin's in Williamsburg, Virginia.

Most people don't ask me anymore how I "made" a photo, but rather "why" and "how" I came up with that idea. I have said before that my philosophy is,

Whatever is good for me is good for my photos.
I damage the film with a liquid or water and some solids, then take the photos.

I have to take calcium because I also take a chemo pills, which can lower bone density. Since calcium is supposed to be good for me, I used it. I have damaged film with milk before. When you take a photo in the sun, or at least in a well-lit place, the photo will render a lot of pink and maybe some blue; and when you take the photos in a dark or darkish place, the image comes up pink with some green tones.

To see a batch of photos with milk, click here. (In case you have problems with the link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/notascari/sets/72157632179017447/ )

Calcium is one of those ingredients I want to use again. Maybe, next time I will use it with another ingredient. 


Two Views of the Same Parking Lot


Technical description

Analog film decomposed with water and calcium supplement pills.
Película análoga, dañada con agua y pastillas de  calcio.

Camera/Cámara: PopCam
Film/Película: Fuji 200.

Williamsburg - Richmond, Virginia
2014

No comments: